About the book...

Mother Earth creates an army of paranormal super-beings known as The Gemini. They will try everything to wipe out humanity- plagues, disasters, cancer.

Oliver Weldon, oil tycoon, is recruited by the Mother and becomes a lead Gemini. Renamed Onyx, his duty is to completely destroy the human race.

The Gemini, a powerful rising force, proceeds to systematically decimate towns, cities, states… and eventually, the world.

Amidst the chaos, a forbidden relationship between a girl, Violette, and Onyx, begins. He will wrestle between his new found conscience and his duty to the Mother.

They find themselves in the middle of a revolutionary war that will either save, or destroy human kind.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP



In this particular hop, I and my fellow authors, in their respective blogs, have answered 10 questions where you get to learn about our current work in progress as well as some insights into our process, from characters and inspirations to plotting and cover decisions. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book?

Gemini Rising Series, Book I Ethereal Fury

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

I started thinking about it on the way home from a Thanksgiving dinner in 2010. It just hit me. I started thinking about how everything supernatural and paranormal had been done already. Vampires, werewolves, aliens, superheroes, I wanted to create something different. Something all powerful, with no limitations, no weaknesses, Gemini are all of these.

3: What genre does your book come under?


Young Adult & Adult

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Onyx- Robert Pattinson (green screened to look like Onyx.)
Violette- Kristen Stewart (innocent looking, like in the first Twilight movie
Slate- Nicholas Hoult
Bishop Phillips- Donald Sutherland
Darius- Morton Downey Junior
Lilly- Nikki Reed
Tork- Vin Diesel

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A story what human race has done to the earth, how we will pay for it and at the center of it all, the enemy and the paranormal being fall in love.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

Published by an independent publisher

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It has taken me two years to complete three books and I am on book 4

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Twilight series for forbidden relationships, the host for possessions, and the Hush Hush series for epic and ancient battles.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Stephanie Myer is my inspiration as well as the changes our earth is going through. I wanted to combine environmental awareness and carry it to the extreme. I hope my message will effect today’s youth and create a generation more sensitive to the planet’s needs.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Well, we have a new paranormal/supernatural entity involved, we have a living, breathing version of Mother Earth, the angst of a 17 year old human girl who gets caught up in the middle and the threat of an apocalypse. Sound interesting?

I’d like to thank fellow author Tania Penn for tagging me to participate. Click the link below to check her out:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this.. I love that you gave so much info about your inspirations. I always liked hearing where authors come up with their ideas and how they thought/think of things :)

    -Amber @bookgeekspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete